NTSB Releases 2019-2020 Improvements List
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) released its biennial Most Wanted List of Transportation Safety Improvements List. The NTSB first began publishing the list in 1990.
The ten items on the list are:
- Eliminate distractions
- End alcohol and other drug impairment
- Ensure the safe shipment of hazardous materials
- Fully implement positive train control
- Improve the safety of Part 135 aircraft flight operations
- Increase implementation of collision avoidance systems in all new highway vehicles
- Reduce fatigue-related accidents
- Require medical fitness-screen for and treat obstructive sleep apnea
- Strengthen occupant protection
There are 267 open NTSB safety recommendations associated with the 10 Most Wanted List items, and the NTSB is focused on seeing 46 of those implemented within the next 2 years.