Product Selection Guides
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) oversees and regulates workplace health and safety. OSHA requirements define the minimum acceptable standards for a Respiratory Program. These requirements include the following:
- Establish written operating procedures for selecting and using respirators.
- Properly select respirators based on hazards your workers are exposed to.
- Conduct fit testing and train workers on the proper use and limitations of respirators.
- Clean and disinfect respirators regularly.
- Store respirators in a convenient and sanitary location.
- Routinely inspect respirators during cleaning and replace worn or deteriorating parts. Emergency use respirators must be thoroughly inspected at least once a month and after every use.
- Survey work area conditions and degree of employee exposure or stress.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate the effectiveness of your Respiratory Program.
- Do not assign persons to tasks requiring respirator use unless they have been medically evaluated and deemed fit to perform the work and use the equipment.
- Use only NIOSH approved respirators.
Please Call Toll Free at 1-800-571-4646