- Company Info
- About Us
- Our History
- Our Products
- Our Facility
- Our Associates
- Our Partners
- Career Opportunities
Privacy and Security Policy
Last updated 6/25/2009
Our Commitment to Privacy
We respect your privacy. northernsafety.com will not disclose or sell information about you, your account, or your purchases to anyone outside of Northern Safety Company, Inc., in ways different from what is disclosed in this policy (see How We Use Information below).
What Information We Collect
northernsafety.com gathers, maintains, and uses various types of information that you supply while within our site, in e-mail you send us, and in your catalog request, including:
- Information relating to accounts, shipping and payment preferences, and other information associated with personalization of the site for each customer. Information you provide in surveys, site registration, referrals to friends, comments, and feedback is also recorded
- Web-related data such as domain names of visitors to the site, e-mail addresses of visitors and people who have sent us mail, page visit statistics, and other similar internet traffic information
- Transaction-related information such as cart contents, shopping lists, and frequently ordered items
How We Use Information
northernsafety.com uses this information to enhance the content and features of the site in order to provide you with the best online shopping experience possible. It helps us make decisions about improvements to the site – in essence, it tells us how to give you more of what you want.
We may use the information we collect to contact you about changes to our site and events that may be of interest, including:
- Introductions of new products, services, or special offers
- Enhancements to the site's features, navigation, or search functions
- Changes to site policies
northernsafety.com may also contact you to request clarification or feedback about your orders and shopping experience.
We may also provide you with access to other products, services, banner advertisements, and other advertising we think you might find interesting by sharing your personal information with reputable third parties. These companies will keep your data anonymous. This information will allow you to receive information about products targeted to your specific areas of interest. If you choose not to receive such offers, please use the Contact Preferences link on the My Account page to tell us.
You can opt-out of receiving mailings from northernsafety.com at any time by using the Contact Preferences link on the My Account page, or by following the instructions at the end of any e-mail we send to you. You can also:
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call one of our Customer Service Reps toll free at 1-800-571-4646
and ask to have your name/e-mail address removed from our mailing list. Please note that you may still receive any mailings already in process when yu make your request.
Our site requires cookies to ensure the safety and security of information you provide when you purchase products. Learn more about changing your browser's settings to enable cookies.
Reviewing Your Information
Your information is maintained and updated in an accurate and complete manner by Northern. Whenever you place an order at northernsafety.com, you can view information we keep about your account, and can make changes to the information at that time if necessary. You can also call us at 1-800-571-4646, between 7:30 am and 8:00 pm ET Monday through Friday to speak to a Customer Service Representative or e-mail email@example.com.
We actively ensure our commitment to your privacy and the security of information available at our site in a number of ways:
- northernsafety.com is hosted on our own secure servers. Only you and northernsafety.com can view your account records and information you send when ordering – other external parties are denied any access to your information.
- Our website is certified – proof you're dealing with the real northernsafety.com, and not an imposter. The digicert.com seal lets you authenticate our site with a click of your mouse.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, a security protocol that encrypts data to prevent third-party access during transmission. When you enter information and see https:// instead of http:// in the Address or Location: bar of your browser, you can be confident that you've entered a secure, SSL-enabled site.
Notification of Changes
This northernsafety.com Privacy and Security Policy was last updated on June 25, 2009. Please check this policy periodically to inform yourself of any changes. We reserve the right to modify or supplement this Privacy and Security Policy at any time.