OSHA’s Safe & Sound Week 2018
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is sponsoring Safe & Sound Week, a nationwide program to raise awareness and understanding of the value of safety and health programs. This year’s event is taking place August 13-19, 2018.
According to OSHA, “Safety and health programs are successful when they include management leadership, worker participation, and a systematic approach to finding and fixing hazards. They help identify and manage workplace hazards before they cause injury or illness, improving sustainability and the bottom line.”
Organizations of any size or in any industry that are looking for an opportunity to show their commitment to safety should participate. OSHA suggests activities and events including:
- Deliver a safety and health message
- Recognize workers or teams for their contributions
- Create challenges, contests, and competitions
- Evaluate safety and health processes and systems
- Conduct analyses to identify hazards
OSHA provides tips, activities, and more on their website.