Northern Safety & Industrial
A Guide to Generators
We all know what it's like to be without power. Whether you're working on a job site, lost the lights and power to your cash registers in your business, or have lost power in your home, a portable generator will help keep you going.
Businesses appreciate the power and readiness of standby generators that restore power within seconds for lighting, computers, machinery, conveyors, alarm systems, and more.
Power outages can be caused by lightning, wind, snow and ice, tornadoes, hurricanes, and power maintenance. Be prepared for your next emergency with a reliable generator from Northern Safety.
Which Size Generator To Buy?
Generators are rated by WATTS. Decide which size generator is right for your needs by following these three easy steps.
- Find amperage and voltage information for each tool or appliance being used.
- Multiply the VOLTS by the AMPS to determine the WATTS you'll need.
- Choose a Generator that meets or exceeds your total wattage requirements.
Easy Calculation:VOLTS x AMPS = WATTS
Sample Tool & Appliance Wattages
- Incandescednt Light Bulb - 60W
- Portable Fan - 120W
- Television - 120W
- Energy Star Refrigerator or Freezer - 1200W
- Laptop Computer - 250W
- Microwave Oven - 1500W
- Gas or Oil Furnace Fan - 500W
- Coffee Maker - 600W
- Radio - 200W
- Sump Pump - 1300W
- 1/2 HP Water Well Pump - 1400W
- Radiant Heater - 1300W
Electric Water Heater - 4500W
Light Duty Contractor
- Air Compressor - 1600W
- Demolition Hammer - 1650W
- 7 1/4" Circular Saw - 1500W
- 3/8" Drill - 600W
- Rotary Hammer - 1200W
- Jigsaw - 700W
- Recip Saw - 800W
- Quartz Halogen Spotlight - 100W
- Angle Grinder - 1400W
- 10" Table Saw - 4500W
- 5 HP Wet Dry Vac - 1000W
- Electric Welder - 9000W
Honda Generator Specifications Chart
|Generator||Industrial 3800||Industrial 5000||Industrial 6500||Super Quiet 1000||Super Quiet 3000|
|Output||120/240V AC||120/240V AC||120/240V AC||120V/12V AC/DC||120V/12V AC/DC|
|Fuel Tank (gal.)||6.6||6.6||6.6||0.6||3.4|
|Engine||OHV Industrial Commercial||OHV Industrial Commercial||OHV Industrial Commercial||4-Stroke OHV||4-Stroke OHV|
|Displacement||242 cc||337 cc||389 cc||50 cc||196 cc|
|Run Time||15.6 hrs. @ ½ Load||11.9 hrs. @ ½ Load||10.0 hrs. @ ½ Load||3.8 hrs. @ Rated Load||7.2 hrs. @ Rated Load|
|Noise Level @ Rated Load||71 dB||72 dB||75 dB||59 dB||58 dB|
|Shipping Weight (lb.)||185||214||220||29||134|
(L" x W" x H")
|41.9 x 27.2 x 29.2||41.9 x 27.2 x 29.2||41.9 x 27.2 x 29.2||17.7 x 9.4 x 15.0||25.8 x 18.9 x 22.4|
You know the Honda name, you know the Honda reputation. For work, for home, or for play, Honda portable generators have the power to keep you going.
Depend on Honda portable generators for:
- Hard-working, reliable performance on the job site makes it easier to keep tools running, lights on, and work crews productive
- Residential power supply during storms and disasters provides protection against spoiled food, lost work time, and broken pipes during winter outages
- Camping, RV, and event fun - you can enjoy the great outdoors, concerts, races, and more, while having all the comforts of home