Easy Fixes for Some Common Hazards
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), slips, trips, and falls cause the majority of general industry accidents. The good news is that many of these accidents can be avoided with preparation, care, and attention to your walkways and outdoor areas.
- Problem: general clutter, boxes, and hoses on the floor
- Solution: use wall-mounted hooks, shelves, and hose reels to store materials out of the way
- Problem: loose cords from machinery, electronics, and equipment
- Solution: make walkways safer by using beveled protective cord covers
- Problem: inadequate lighting
- Solution: install more light fixtures and/or brighter bulbs in poorly lit areas, and use fixtures that emit light from all sides
- Problem: burned out bulbs
- Solution: regularly inspect light fixtures at night and keep extra bulbs on hand
Simple changes go a long way to keeping your workplace safer.