OSHA Issues Poster for Meat Packing, Poultry, and Pork Workers
Recent guidelines for meat packing, poultry, and pork processing employers have been issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to help protect workers in these industries from coronavirus.
The guidelines are presented in a poster format with the following steps:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Maintain at least 6’ physical distance between co-workers.
- Avoid group gatherings during work breaks, even if outside.
- Install partitions along the production line to achieve physical distance.
- Avoid sharing equipment and tools. Regularly clean tools and equipment that must be shared.
- Use soap and water for handwashing.
- Wear protective equipment for general safety and to limit the spread of the virus.
- Report any safety and health concerns to your supervisor, or to OSHA.
- Avoid carpooling to and from work, if possible.
The poster is available in fifteen languages.