Northern Safety & Industrial
Planning Ahead for Hurricane Season
The Atlantic Hurricane Season takes place traditionally from June to November. Damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and power outages may occur. What can you do to prepare your business?
- Know your hurricane risk: even if you don’t live in a coastal state, flooding and high winds may occur.
- Test and service your generator under load, and inspect your fire equipment.
- Make an emergency plan
- Gather supplies
- Know your evacuation route
- Develop a business continuity plan
- Follow warnings and alerts: ensure access to receive alerts in your area
- Review important documents: insurance policies, employee contact lists, etc. Make copies, and store them in a secure, password-protected digital space
- Purchase back-up charging devices for your phone and other personal communication devices
Learn more at ready.gov